Since its birth, the football club has been represented by the colors red and black, hence the nickname Rossoneri. The colors were chosen by Herbert Kilpin, founder and first captain of the Club, to represent respectively the fire of the AC Milan devils and the fear of the opponents in facing them. The red and black colors, accompanied by the flag of the Duchy of Milan, are also reproduced inside the emblem that has represented the Club since 1998.
AC Milan has always been committed to responding to its supporters’ expectations, guaranteeing participation and high levels of competitiveness within the main national and international football competitions.
Under its belt at international level, AC Milan can boast 7 Champions League wins, 5 European Super Cup wins, 3 Intercontinental Cup wins, 2 UEFA Cup Winners' Cups and 1 FIFA Club World Cup. At national level, AC Milan is the second most titled club with 18 league titles, 5 Coppa Italia and 7 Italian Supercup wins.
FIFA Club World Cup
Cup Winners' Cup
League Super Cup
The 48 trophies won (30 domestic and 18 international) are the result of the Group's constant drive for excellence and a business management model that aims to create value for all its stakeholders. The Milan Group has as its sole objective the running of sports activities and in particular, the training, preparation and management of football teams, as well as the promotion and organization of competitions, tournaments and any other football activity in general, with the purposes and in compliance with the rules and directives provided for by the Italian Football Federation FIGC and its agencies.
Against such a backdrop, the main activities carried out by the Group are linked to the Club's corporate management, the organization of sporting events, the technical and athletic management of staff and players. AC Milan aims to maximize the value of economic, human, material and immaterial resources, including especially the Brand, the image of the First Team, television and media sports rights and sponsorships.
Winning mentality, excellence, generosity and responsibility are values which form part of the AC Milan Group’s DNA – values that we wish to share with all our stakeholders.
We firmly believe that living and working with these principles in mind is the key to achieving success in sport and life in general.
Therefore, the approach that the Group has defined to create value is to be considered as well-established, with its constant focus on maintaining a relationship of trust with the stakeholders through:
- the compliance with the principles set out in the Club's Code of Ethics and in the Organizational Model and its related policies;
- the maintenance of an outward-looking approach, through the communication and dialogue activities that the Club carries out to involve and monitor the sentiment and expectations of the stakeholders;
- the adoption of an integrated sustainability approach in all the business activities that enabled the creation of a business model with a strong focus on the economic, social and environmental impact of the Club’s activities, whose performances are reported each year in the Sustainability Report.
Each action is planned and implemented in full compliance with the Group’s internal principles, values and regulations, as well as with the UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations.
In addition, The AC Milan group actively participates in the development of the systems and infrastructures within football, with representatives taking part in events at institutional headquarters and workshops held by major football governing bodies, both nationally and internationally:
- FIGC and Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A
- President of the Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie A
- ECA: the only independent body representing European football clubs